Topic:

Prisms of Interpretation: New Creation

Jesus Christ is Lord!

Andrew Shreeve Ministries

Establishing God's Covenant among the Nations

'Bringing Good Tidings, Publishing Peace and Salvation

(Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15)

Partner Letter – February 2015

Andrew Shreeve Ministries has been working amongst a population base of over 600 million people for many years, and provides you with the opportunity to be involved in the establishment, growth and fruit of the Lord's eternal kingdom, among foreign, ethnic peoples in the many nations - without having to leave your home. You can be empowered to love people, and to have eternal rewards, among different tribal groups! Sow a seed this month to realise this opportunity!

Contents

• Welcome
  • Teaching - Prisms of Interpretation: New Creation
  • Resources / Study
  • Itinerary
  • Financial
  • Contact

Welcome

Dear partners and friends,

I pray the anointing of the Lord will quicken and strengthen you to rise up and speak forth the Word of the Lord over your body, finances, family and country! We are the holy priests of the Lord anointed to intercede for this world (1 Peter 2:5). We are the Lord's kings equipped to rule and reign upon the earth (Revelation 1:6).

This month's prism of the new creation is vital for the health of our godly self image, and I encourage you to study and mediate upon the scriptures presented.

This month we have updated the photos section of andrewshreeve.org and are also in the process of editing more than 150 teaching articles and categorizing them for easier reference and study under the 'Teaching Written' section of andrewshreeve.org. Bless you and I love you, Andrew

Teaching - Prisms of Interpretation: New Creation

Copyright © Andrew J. Shreeve 2015

(See the December 2014 and January 2015 Partner Letter teachings for introduction of Prisms of Interpretation, and the first two prisms: blood covenant, and justification / righteousness by faith).

Prisms of Interpretation

New Creation

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God

Galatians 6:15-16

When it comes to understanding the bible it is extremely helpful to always look through the prism of the new creation. The bible defines a human as having three parts: spirit, soul, and body (1 Thessalonians 5:23). When we are born again and made a new creation it is our spirit which is made new. Our soul and body are largely the same before, and after, the new creation. A Christian's soul (mind, will, intellect, emotions, and imagination) has changed, but in the sense of renewal, not creation (Romans 12:2). The Christian's body has the potential to also change, by being quickened and healed by the Holy Spirit - but not recreated on this earth (Romans 8:11, 1 Peter 2:24). There is no doubt, however, that a born again Christian is a new creation in the sense that they have a newly created spirit. Evidence that the Christian's spirit has been recreated includes the following scriptures:

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God… that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

John 3:5-6

A Christian is someone who has been born of the Spirit of God, they have a new spirit!

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth forever

1 Peter 1:23

A Christian is someone who has received the seed of the living Word of God into their heart to become a new spirit; they have been born again of the spiritual seed of the Word of God.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God

1 John 3:9

This verse is not saying that Christians are unable to sin, because we know that all Christians do sin (1 John 1:8). It is, rather, saying that Christians cannot sin from their spirit, as their spirit has been born of God, in the new creation, and God's holy seed remains in the Christian's spirit.

Be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness

Ephesians 4:23

The new man, the new creation, the Christian's new spirit, is created by God - after God! The Christian's new spirit is holy and righteous. We cannot sin from our new spirit as it has been created by the Lord as holy.

These truths regarding the new creation are very important as they help our understanding of who we are, created in righteousness and justification, which we studied last month. We can see that our new spirit is made righteous. Subsequently, looking through the prism of the new creation helps us understand that righteousness is not based on our performance but rather on what the Lord has done for us in the new creation.

Henceforth we know no man after the flesh… if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new… for He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him

2 Corinthians 5:16-17, 21

A Christian has been made a new, spiritual creature. The new creature is created as a member of the spiritual body of Christ, as the righteousness of God. To be right with God the Christian's spirit needs to be holy, as the Lord is holy, and this was accomplished in the new creation.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body… and have all been made to drink into one Spirit

1 Corinthians 12:13

Christians belong to a new spiritual body which is the holy body of Christ. Christians are now one with the Holy Spirit of the Lord, and also one with each other, in the spirit. Christians have been circumcised in their heart, in the spirit (Romans 2:29).

We can see from the preceding New Testament scriptures that our spirit is a new creation. This spiritual rebirth was also prophesied in the Old Testament:

The New Testament letter to the Hebrews says: He (Jesus) is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises… I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel… I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts… I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more

Hebrews 8:6, 8, 10, 12

The writer to the Hebrews is quoting from the Old Testament book of Jeremiah 31:31-34 which, in part, says: I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts. Our new spirit, which is holy and righteous, has the law of God written in it. It is natural for our new spirit to be loving and holy, as God's law has been written there, in the new creation. When a Christian does not act in love they are violating their inward parts.

The new creation is also prophesied in the Old Testament book of Ezekiel, howbeit in relation to Israel:

For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land… a new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgements, and do them

Ezekiel 36:24, 26-27

Ezekiel is saying that the Lord will gather Israel out of all countries and bring them into their own land. This has been progressively happening since 1948 with the establishment of modern day Israel. For those who dispute whether the land should belong to Israel, or to the Palestinians, notice how the Lord views the dispute: I will… bring you into your own land. The Lord sees the land as belonging to Israel, as He gave the land to Abraham forever. For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed forever (Genesis 13:15).

Also notice how the Lord will give to the people of Israel a new heart, and a new spirit, and the Lord will put His Spirit within them. This is the same as what happens in the new creation when we are born again. We receive a new spirit from the Lord and His Holy Spirit comes to indwell us (1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16, Romans 8:9, 11, Galatians 4:6).

Conclusion

It is an irrefutable truth from scripture that a Christian is someone who is a new spiritual creation, with the Holy Spirit indwelling them. The new creation is the basis of our righteousness before the Lord, as our spirit has been remade holy and placed within the spiritual body of Christ, and raised to sit with Christ at the right hand of the Father (1 Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 2:6, Colossian 3:1).

As well as the new creation defining our righteousness, it is also the basis of our identity and victorious life in Christ. We are to live out of our spirit as the source of our holiness and inspiration, as this is also where the holy law of God is written and the Holy Spirit resides (Galatians 5:16).

Prayer

Thank you, Lord, for the prism of the new creation. As we view scripture and life through the new creation we know that you have equipped us with your holiness, love, law and understanding in our new spirit. In addition, you have placed your Holy Spirit within us. We know that deep within our hearts we are one with you and one with other Christians. Thank you for this rich assurance of loving unity which we partake of, and the confidence to know you will never reject us. We love and bless you in Jesus Christ name. Amen.

Resources / Study

Books

More than 10,000 of Andrew's meditation books have been distributed internationally in 8 languages. The meditation books - "Strength and Power", "The Sword of the Spirit", "In Christ Meditations", and "God's Covenant of Healing" are available in hard copy through our website SHOPPING CART: go to - www.andrewshreeve.org. "The Sword of the Spirit" is also available as a multi format e-book: go to - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/24226

Videos

Andrew's YouTube videos have more than 17,000 uploads. Freely view more than 110 short videos (mostly 10-15 minutes, maximum 25 minutes) by Andrew: go to - www.andrewshreeve.org or http://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewShreeve

Audio Teaching

Andrew has preached internationally over 1,300 times in 20 different countries since 2000. Freely listen to some of these anointed audio teachings in the following 12 languages: Burmese, English, Indonesian, Japanese, Karen, Khmer, Mandarin, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Urdu and Vietnamese. Go to - www.andrewshreeve.org home page - Audio Messages.

Written Teaching

Andrew has written over 150 short teachings since 2000. Some of these teachings are placed under topic headings in the Teaching Written section of www.andrewshreeve.org. You may freely copy and print the teachings for easier study. You may also access monthly teaching in the Partner Letters section of www.andrewshreeve.org.

Itinerary

This itinerary is subject to change without notice

15 February 2015

Missionary Prayer Group, Taree, NSW, Australia

10th March

2.00 p.m. Missions presentation, Warrana Place Hall, 24 Marie Ave, Taree

14th March

2.00 - 3.30 p.m. Teaching seminar - "The Truth shall make you Free"- Ormsby House, 24 Commerce Street, Taree

15th March

10.00 a.m. Wesleyan Methodist Church, Cnr Louis and Commerce Street, Taree

15th March

2.00 - 3.30 p.m. Teaching seminar "The Truth shall make you Free"- Ormsby House, Taree

28 March - 31 May

Ministry - Borneo

24th April

8.00 p.m. BEM Grace, Kuching, Sarawak, Borneo

25th April

RHEMA Bible School, Kuching

26th April

11.30 a.m. BEM Grace, Kuching

27-28 April

RHEMA Bible School, Kuching

1-31 August

Ministry - Undisclosed country

Financial

To partner with Andrew, and have fruit credited to your eternal account: you have the opportunity to buy / sow, and make an offering of, financial, spiritual seed into Andrew Shreeve Ministries:

• PayPal - With credit or debit card, or PayPal credit. From the PayPal website send to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it OR go to www.andrewshreeve.org and click on BUY / SOW SEED
  • Bank Transfer - Transfer directly into one of the three bank accounts listed below (please include a journal note naming the giver), or
  • Cheque - post a cheque to the Australian or UK addresses listed below.

Sow financial seed: not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account (Philippians 4:17).

AUSTRALIA

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew J. Shreeve

Account number: 513617

BSB: 734 654

Swift code: WPACAU2S

Bank: WESTPAC

Bank address: 23 Victoria Avenue, Broadbeach, Qld. 4218 Australia

• Post a cheque. Make cheques payable to Andrew Shreeve.

Post to: PO Box 137, Nobby Beach, Qld. 4218, Australia

SINGAPORE

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew John Shreeve

Account number: 01 2 1268209

Branch code: 001

Bank code: 7144.

Swift code: SCBL SGSG

Bank: Standard Chartered

Bank Address: 6 Battery Road, 2nd Floor, Singapore 049909

UNITED KINGDOM

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew J. Shreeve

Account number: 91746022

Sort code: 404014

Swift code: MIDLGB2152V

Bank: HSBC

Bank address: 19 Minster Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1TE, England UK

• Post a cheque. Make cheque payable to Andrew Shreeve

Post to 29 Ayrshire Close, Fugglestone Red, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP2 9PF, England

Contact

Facebook username: Andrew.shreeve

Twitter: AndrewShreeve

YouTube channel: AndrewShreeve

Andrew Shreeve

PO Box 137

Nobby Beach Qld 4218

Australia

Web: www.andrewshreeve.org

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

ANDREW SHREEVE MINISTRIES

‘Bringing good tidings, publishing peace and salvation’ (Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15)