Topic:

Pray until the Anointing of the Lord comes

Jesus Christ is Lord!

Andrew Shreeve Ministries

Establishing God's Covenant among the Nations

'Bringing Good Tidings, Publishing Peace and Salvation

(Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15)

Partner Letter – December 2016

Andrew Shreeve Ministries is working amongst a population base of over 600 million people, and provides you with the opportunity to be involved in the establishment, growth and fruit of the Lord's eternal kingdom, among foreign, ethnic peoples in many nations. You can be empowered to love people, and to have eternal rewards, among different tribal groups! Sow a seed this month to realise this opportunity!

Contents

• Welcome
  • 2016 in Review
  • Teaching – Pray until the Anointing of the Lord comes
  • Resources / Study
  • Itinerary
  • Financial
  • Contact

Welcome

Dear partners and friends,

Happy New Year 2017! I pray 2017 will include a series of great victories in our lives as, every day, we put on the six pieces of our spiritual armour (Ephesians 6:10-20).

This month we have been ministering in the nation of Japan, which has a population of approximately 126 million. 1-3 million Japanese are Christians, which is about 1% of the population. This means, there are amazing opportunities for church growth in Japan! It is wonderful to see the humility and hunger for the Word of God among beautiful, Japanese Christians. We are working to establish and strengthen the church in Japan through teaching the anointed Word of God, encouraging church leaders, and praying for the Japanese people. During this mission trip, we taught a five-part series on the ‘Armour of God’. You can freely listen to these messages by going to www.andrewshreeve.org / Teaching – audio / Japanese / Armour of God (series 1-5) 2016. In Japan, we experienced: the beautiful anointing of the Lord, a distinguished 71 year old lady being born again, oppression lifting off people and, people being added to the church.

During this year of 2016 we have again enjoyed good success and prosperity. The Lord has been faithful to all His exceeding great and precious promises. Thank you for your faithful partnership during 2016 expressed in multiple ways through your: friendship, encouragement, logistical support, hospitality, ministry of helps, prayer and, financial supply. The eternal rewards of the ministry are credited to your eternal account, and I pray the Lord will multiply your seed back to you on this earth (Philippians 4:17).

The Lord bless you,

With love, Andrew

2016 in Review

Andrew Shreeve Ministries is primarily a biblical teaching ministry; with an international mission, apostolic, and evangelistic, orientation. During 2016:

• Andrew preached internationally 88 times in seminars, church meetings, and a bible school
  • Andrew ministered face-to-face in: Burma / Myanmar, Japan, Sarawak / Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, and an undisclosed country
  • more than 100 people were born again into the kingdom of God
  • more than 100 people were baptized with the Holy Spirit
  • devils were cast out of people
  • people received instant physical healing
  • we experienced strong moves of the Holy Spirit
  • leadership training was conducted
  • 875 of Andrew’s scriptural meditation books were distributed
  • written teaching was delivered to the partner network every month
  • YouTube video teaching was published
  • Andrewshreeve.org was further developed as a free, international, teaching resource

Teaching – Pray until the Anointing of the Lord comes

Copyright © Andrew J. Shreeve 2016

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit

Ephesians 6:18

This verse is written in the context of putting on the whole armour of God (Ephesians 6:11). In 1 Corinthians 14:2, the term ‘in the Spirit is also used, when referring to praying in unknown tongues:

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God; for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries

1 Corinthians 14:2

A critical part of being fully armoured, in the Lord, is the utilisation of the precious gift of the Holy Spirit – praying in unknown tongues. A reason that praying in the spirit is so important is because it edifies, or builds up, our spirit, so we are more able to effectively use the armour of the Lord.

He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself

1 Corinthians 14:4

The apostle Paul says to Christians:

I would that ye all spake with (unknown) tongues

1 Corinthians 14:5

Obviously, the gift of praying in unknown tongues for personal edification is for all believers; whereas the gift of ‘tongues and interpretation’, which is a ministry gift, set in the church, is not given to every believer (1 Corinthians 12:28-30).

The apostle Paul expounds the use of praying and singing in the spirit and praying and singing with the intellect:

I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also

1 Corinthians 14:15

There are two ways to pray and sing. We can pray and sing from our spirit utilizing the Holy Spirit’s gift of unknown tongues. We can also pray and sing with our intellect. A benefit of praying and singing in the spirit is we often do not know how to pray, and need wisdom and help from the Lord:

The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities (weakness) for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered (unknown tongues). And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God

Romans 8:26-27

The Holy Spirit helps our weaknesses. The Holy Spirit Himself makes intercession for us, as we yield to His gift of praying in unknown tongues. The Holy Spirit makes intercession in this way for the saints according to the will of God.

How long should we pray?

Especially, how long should we pray in unknown tongues? Pray until the anointing comes:

ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things… the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him

1 John 2:20, 27

Pray until the anointing comes; until the Lord gives you release and says it is enough. The anointing will come and give you a sense of great love, joy, faith and peace. Abide in this place of the Holy Spirit and rest in His anointing. Sometimes you will receive specific instruction, other times it is just to enjoy sweet fellowship and communion with the Lord. But keep praying, until the anointing of the Holy Spirit comes.

I was blessed to learn this lesson early in my life. When I was 21 years old I was serving as a Christian missionary on the ship ‘M.V. Logos’. I remember saying to the Lord, “I am not leaving this place, of my dormitory bed, until your presence comes to me.” At the time, I didn’t realize I was seeking the anointing of the Lord, I just wanted the reality of God. It took between 30-60 minutes of praying in unknown tongues, and waiting for the Lord, when suddenly the presence of the Lord came. I could feel the tangible presence of the Lord… this is the anointing.

The word translated anointing means: unguent or smearing. The special endowment (chrism) of the Holy Spirit (Strong’s dictionary). Unguent means: ointment (Webster’s dictionary). The anointing carries the idea of the soft touch of the Holy Spirit upon our spirit, like the soft touch of applying ointment, or oil, to our body.

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit

Romans 8:16

The bearing witness is a spiritual evidence, or spiritual touch, of the Holy Spirit upon our spirit – this is the anointing!

I am so glad I learned this prayer lesson early in my life. In all these years, I have never forgotten that if I draw near to the Lord through praying in unknown tongues, the Lord will draw near to me.

Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you

James 4:8

The anointing of the Lord is so precious. When you don’t know what to do, seek the anointing of the Lord. When you are under intense pressure, seek the anointing of the Lord. The anointing will help to order your priorities, He will lead and guide you. How long should you pray? Until the anointing of the Lord comes!

There is a place, the secret place of the Lord (Psalm 91:1). That is the place of the anointing. We should all seek to find the place of the Lord’s anointing, and stay in that place. Sometimes we drift out of the anointing. When you do, stop and pray in unknown tongues until the anointing of the Lord comes again.

If all the members of the body of Christ were in the anointing of the Lord, there would be: no disunity, no strife, no division, no selfishness and, no sin. There would only be unity, love, joy, peace, faith and the grace to do all things well. How blessed it is to have the anointing of the Holy Spirit in our lives. It is the oil of joy, the soothing calmness of love, the peace and tranquillity of faith and trust, the confidence of knowing that the presence and power of the Lord is with you every step you take. How long should you pray in unknown tongues? Until the anointing of the Lord comes.

Someone may say, “how do I know when the anointing of the Lord comes?” The answer is easy. If you don’t know if the anointing is there, it means the anointing is not there. When the anointing of the Lord comes, you will know. The anointing of the Lord is the most beautiful experience in this world. There is nothing to compare to the anointing of the Lord.

Sadly, many Christians have never been taught about the anointing of the Lord. The Christian church has been widely infiltrated by unscriptural doctrines, which teach that there is no baptism with the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4-5). That there are no gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:4-11). This unscriptural teaching has robbed so many sincere and devoted Christians of the precious anointing of the Lord.

My beloved, do not accept these doctrines of devils which say the gifts of the Holy Spirit have been removed from the Lord’s church. Read 1st Corinthians chapters 12-14 for yourself. Do not accept the false interpretation of 1 Corinthians 13:8 which falsely says that the gift of unknown tongues has been removed from the church. To be consistent that would also mean that knowledge has vanished away. No, God has not removed knowledge from His church. Knowledge is needed more than ever (2 Peter 1:2-3). God has not removed His spiritual gifts from His church. His spiritual gifts are needed more than ever.

Mediate the Scriptures: I would that ye all spake with tongues (1 Corinthians 14:5); and I thank my God, I speak with tongues mare than ye all (1 Corinthians 14:19); and forbid not to speak with tongues (1 Corinthians 14:39).

Conclusion

The anointing of the Lord is the gentle touch of the Lord’s Holy Spirit upon our human spirit. To pick up and discern the anointing of the Lord we need to exercise the Holy Spirit gift of praying in unknown tongues. The gift of praying in unknown tongues is for every born-again believer in Jesus Christ. The gift of praying in unknown tongues is given when a Christian receives the baptism with the Holy Spirit. The gift of praying in unknown tongues can be exercised by the will of the Christian. When we pray in unknown tongues our spirit is edified and more able to discern the anointing of the Lord. This is important because, the Lord leads us by His anointing and, His anointing teaches us all things. How long should we pray? Until the anointing of the Lord comes J

Prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for the precious baptism with the Holy Spirit. Thank you that through the baptism with the Holy Spirit Christians receive the gift of praying in unknown tongues. Thank you that when we exercise this precious gift we are edified to better discern and follow your anointing. Please strengthen us to pray in unknown tongues every day… until the anointing comes. We pray this is the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Resources / Study

Books

More than 12,000 of Andrew's Scriptural meditation books have been distributed internationally in 8 languages. The Scriptural meditation books - "Strength and Power", "The Sword of the Spirit", "In Christ Meditations", and "God's Covenant of Healing" are available in hard copy through our website SHOPPING CART: go to - www.andrewshreeve.org. "The Sword of the Spirit" is also available as a multi format e-book: go to - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/24226

Videos

Andrew's YouTube videos have more than 21,000 views. Freely view more than 135 short videos (mostly 10-15 minutes, maximum 28 minutes) by Andrew: go to - www.andrewshreeve.org or http://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewShreeve

Audio Teaching

Andrew has preached internationally over 1,500 times in more than 20 different countries since 2000. Freely listen to some of these anointed audio teachings in the following 13 languages: Burmese, English, Indonesian, Japanese, Karen, Khmer, Malaysian, Mandarin, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Urdu and Vietnamese. Go to - www.andrewshreeve.org home page - Audio Messages.

Written Teaching

More than 175 short written teachings, categorized under 40 topic headings, are freely available for study under the written teaching section of www.andrewshreeve.org. You may freely copy and print the teachings for easier study.

Itinerary

This itinerary is subject to change without notice.

10th December 2016

Full Gospel Church, Kobe, Japan

13th December

Seminar – Full Gospel Church, Kobe

17th December

Full Gospel Church, Kobe

21st December

Seminar – Full Gospel Church, Kobe

24th December

Full Gospel Church, Kobe

8th January 2017

Bangkok, Thailand

Financial

To partner with Andrew, and have fruit credited to your eternal account: you have the opportunity to buy / sow, and make an offering of, financial, spiritual seed into Andrew Shreeve Ministries:

• PayPal - With credit or debit card, or PayPal credit. From the PayPal website send to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it OR go to www.andrewshreeve.org and click on BUY / SOW SEED
  • Bank Transfer - Transfer directly into one of the three bank accounts listed below (please include a journal note naming the giver), or
  • Cheque - post a cheque to the Australian or UK addresses listed below.

Sow financial seed: not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account (Philippians 4:17).

AUSTRALIA

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew J. Shreeve

Account number: 513617

BSB: 734 654

Swift code: WPACAU2S

Bank: WESTPAC

Bank address: 23 Victoria Avenue, Broadbeach, Qld. 4218 Australia

• Post a cheque. Make cheques payable to Andrew Shreeve.

Post to: 69 Bluetail Crescent, Upper Coomera, Queensland 4209, Australia

SINGAPORE

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew John Shreeve

Account number: 01 2 1268209

Branch code: 001

Bank code: 7144.

Swift code: SCBL SGSG

Bank: Standard Chartered

Bank Address: 6 Battery Road, 2nd Floor, Singapore 049909

UNITED KINGDOM

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew J. Shreeve

Account number: 91746022

Sort code: 404014

Swift code: MIDLGB2152V

Bank: HSBC

Bank address: 19 Minster Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1TE, England UK

• Post a cheque. Make cheque payable to Andrew Shreeve

Post to 29 Ayrshire Close, Fugglestone Red, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP2 9PF, England

Contact

Facebook username: Andrew.shreeve

Twitter: AndrewShreeve

YouTube channel: AndrewShreeve

Andrew Shreeve

69 Bluetail Crescent

Upper Coomera, Queensland 4209

Australia

Web: www.andrewshreeve.org

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

ANDREW SHREEVE MINISTRIES

‘Bringing good tidings, publishing peace and salvation’ (Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15)