Topic:

Armour of God, Part 2 - Truth

Jesus Christ is Lord!

Andrew Shreeve Ministries

Establishing God's Covenant among the Nations

'Bringing Good Tidings, Publishing Peace and Salvation

(Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15)

Partner Letter – February 2017

Andrew Shreeve Ministries is working amongst a population base of over 600 million people, and provides you with the opportunity to be involved in the establishment, growth and fruit of the Lord's eternal kingdom, among foreign, ethnic peoples in many nations. You can be empowered to love people, and to have eternal rewards, among different tribal groups! Sow a seed this month to realise this opportunity!

Contents

• Welcome
  • Teaching: Armour of God, Part 2 – Truth
  • Resources / Study
  • Itinerary
  • Financial
  • Contact

Welcome

Dear partners and friends,

This month’s highlights:

• We donated 200 copies of my meditation book, “The Sword of the Spirit” in the Thai language, to be placed in 135 prison libraries in Thailand - 2 copies for each prison library (additional 70 copies when needed). Aunty Sumalee, who has a prison ministry, will personally visit 6-9 prisons each month and present the books to the library custodians.

• During our teaching seminar in Bali, Indonesia a lady from a Buddhist background gave her heart to the Lord Jesus Christ.

• I preached evangelistically in a church in Bali with a potential Indonesian TV audience of 20 million people.

The Lord bless you, with love, Andrew

Teaching – Armour of God, Part 2 - Truth

Copyright © Andrew J. Shreeve 2017

10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; and for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make know the mystery of the gospel

Ephesians 6:10-19

Truth

The first piece of the Lord’s armour is truth. Truth holds the other pieces of the armour together. If we don’t have our loins girt about with truth it is like we are fighting a battle with, our pants falling down and, our armour slipping off. Without truth, we will not be focused and disciplined.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth

Ephesians 6:14

Dictionary definitions:

‘stand’ – abide, continue, establish (Strong’s dictionary).

‘girt about’ - To gird all around, to fasten (Strong’s dictionary).

‘truth’ – true, truly, verity (Strong’s dictionary).

‘truth’ – conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that which is, or has been, or shall be (Webster’s dictionary)

‘fasten’ – to fix firmly, to make fast or close, to lock, to secure, hold together (Webster’s dictionary).

From the dictionaries, to have our loins girt about with truth means: we need to become established in the truth and then abide, or continue, in the truth all the days of our lives. The truth is to surround, or be fastened around, everything we think, say and do. Truth does not originate from ourselves, nor is it an opinion from our perspective; rather truth is something which is revealed to us, or we discover, and then conform to. Once we find truth we are to fix, or lock, ourselves firmly to it. We are not to entertain, or give place to, alternative opinions which contradict the truth.

Scriptures for meditation

Meditating the following Scriptures will help us understand precisely what truth is. Comments, or teaching, has been added to assist our understanding.

Old Testament Hebrew word definitions – Hebrew word: ‘emeth’- translated ‘truth’: stability, certainty, trustworthiness, assured, sure, true, verity (Strong’s dictionary).

Hebrew word: ‘emunoh’ – translated ‘truth’: firmness, security, moral fidelity, stability (Strong’s Dictionary)

The Lord God… abundant… in truth (Exodus 34:6). The Lord liveth, in truth (Jeremiah 4:2). I will be their God, in truth and righteousness (Zechariah 8:8).

A God of truth (Deuteronomy 32:4). O Lord God of truth (Psalm 31:5). The God of truth (Isaiah 65:16). We discover truth when we study God, as the Lord is a God of truth. Truth emanates, or originates, from God.

All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth (Psalm 25:10). Mercy and truth are met together (Psalm 85:10). Thou, O Lord, art a God… plenteous in mercy and truth (Psalm 86:15). In the gospel of Jesus Christ, mercy and truth are met together (Isaiah 54:8, Ephesians 2:4).

For the Word of the Lord is right; and all His works are done in truth (Psalm 33:4).

Oh Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me (Psalm 40:11). Living in the truth will preserve our lives, both on this earth and for eternity (Psalm 91:16, Proverbs 3:13,16, 1 John 5:11-12).

His truth shall be thy shield and buckler (Psalm 91:4). Truth will protect us.

His truth endureth to all generations (Psalm 100:5). The truth of the Lord endureth forever (Psalm 117:2). Which keepeth truth forever (Psalm 146:6). Truth endures to all generations, which includes our present time, and for eternity.

The Word of truth (Psalm 119:43). Thy law is the truth (Psalm 119:142). All thy commandments are truth (Psalm 119:151). I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy loving kindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy Word above all thy name (Psalm 138:2). Have I not written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightiest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee (Proverbs 22:20-21). That which was written was upright, even Words of truth (Ecclesiastes 12:10). I will shew thee that which is noted in the Scripture of truth (Daniel 10:21). The law of truth was in his (Levi) mouth (Malachi 2:6). God’s Word, the Scripture, is truth. God has preserved the truth of His Scripture for us today.

Truth and the Scriptures - Andrew is not an ancient, biblical, language scholar, but studied ancient Greek 1 and 2 and ancient Hebrew 1 and 2 at university, with distinction.

The true bible is a collection of ancient Hebrew manuscripts called the ‘Masoretic text’, and a collection of ancient Greek manuscripts called ‘Textus Receptus’. It is these ancient Scriptures which are 100% true and reliable.

Translation of the bible into other languages may, however, have some small translational errors. Only the ancient Scriptures are the absolute truth! Translations of the bible into other languages, like English, may have errors to small degrees, depending upon the translator’s abilities and philosophy of translation. Some translators (those who adhere to a philosophy called ‘dynamic equivalence’) don’t translate literally, word-for-word, but rather choose to convey meanings of phrases or sentences (Wikipedia/dynamic_and_formal_equivalence).

If we only have access to translations of ‘dynamic equivalence’ (as some languages are limited to), we may benefit by doing further study, to find the exact words used in the true bible. Fortunately, we now have easy access to consult the original, biblical Scriptures in Hebrew and Greek. The original, ancient Scriptures are unblemished, and we can have 100% confidence that the Lord has preserved His truth within the ancient Scriptures for our generation. To know the truth, it is not essential to learn the ancient languages of Hebrew and Greek; as we can confidently check the accuracy of our ‘dynamic equivalence’ translations by using Hebrew-English and Greek-English dictionaries which reveal, with certainty, the meanings of the ancient words.

For this purpose, a free internet resource is www.e-sword.net. You can freely download the King James Bible, with the Strong’s Dictionary references which reveal the original Hebrew and Greek words used, and the English, dictionary meanings of each Hebrew and Greek word. The King James Version (KJV) is not a ‘dynamic equivalence’ translation, but is a ‘formal equivalence’ translation. ‘Formal equivalence’ is a more traditional philosophy of translation which faithfully translates each Greek and Hebrew word, word-for-word, literally, into English. The KJV also respectfully italicises any additional English words added by the translators.

Please note: many modern English, and other language, translations use the ‘dynamic equivalence’ method of translation. ‘Dynamic equivalence’ translations are close to the truth, but you could not categorically say that every word is the absolute truth. If you use a ‘dynamic equivalence’ translation, to confidently place your trust in the truth of Scripture, you may need to take the additional step of consulting the original Scriptures with a good Hebrew-English and Greek-English dictionary, or lexicon, to make sure, or double check, that the ‘dynamic equivalence’ translation is in fact the truth. The easiest and fastest way I know to do that, for the majority of people, is to use the www.e-sword.net tool which I have mentioned. I personally regularly use e-sword to consult the Strong’s Dictionary as it gives me more certainty and confidence concerning the truth of Scripture which I am placing my absolute faith and trust in.

The Lord hath sworn in truth (Psalm 132:11).

Wisdom… for thy mouth shall speak truth (Proverbs 8:7).

The lip of truth shall be established forever (Proverbs 12:19).

Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth (Isaiah 25:1).

He shall bring forth judgement and truth (Isaiah 42:3). I… will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth (Jeremiah 33:6).

New Testament – Greek word ‘aletheia’ - translated ‘truth’: truth, truly, true, verity (Strong’s Dictionary).

Greek word ‘alethos’ – translated ‘truth’: indeed, surely, of a surety, truly, truth, verily (Strong’s Dictionary)

The Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth (John 1:14). Grace and truth came to us by Jesus Christ (John 1:17). Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth (John 5:33). Jesus saidI am the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). The truth of Christ is in me (2 Corinthians 11:10). The truth is in Jesus (Ephesians 4:21). Jesus is the truth.

The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth (John 4:23). God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). There is true and false worship. True worship has revelation of Jesus Christ, and worships in the light of truth.

If ye continue in my Word, then ye are my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free (John 8:31-32). The truth in the law (Romans 2:20). By the Word of truth (2 Corinthians 6:7). God’s Scripture reveals to us the truth, which leads us into freedom.

I tell you the truth (John 8:45, 16:7). For this cause I came into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice (John 18:37). Jesus spoke the truth, and those of the truth hear Jesus’ voice.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive (John 14:17). The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth.

When the comforter shall come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of me (John 15:26). The Holy Spirit testifies of the truth, which is Jesus Christ.

When He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth (John 16:13). The anointing teaches you all things, and is truth, and is no lie (1 John 2:27). The Spirit beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth (1 John 5:6). The Holy Spirit guides us into truth through His anointing, which is His Spirit bearing witness with our spirit (Romans 8:14, 16).

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy Word is truth (John 17:17). For their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth (John 17:19). Ye received the Word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God (1 Thessalonians 2:13). God’s Word is truth and it sanctifies, or makes us holy.

Men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness (Romans 1:18). Who changed the truth of God into a lie (Romans 1:25). Them that are contentious and do not obey the truth (Romans 2:8). Who concerning the truth have erred (2 Timothy 2:18). Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:7). Resist the truth: men of corrupt minds (2 Timothy 3:8). Turn away their ears from the truth (2 Timothy 4:4). Lie not against the truth (James 3:14). Err from the truth (James 5:19). Men can be aware of the truth but resist it and not hold to it. Men can leave the truth.

The judgement of God is according to truth (Romans 2:2). All people will be judged according to the truth.

The truth of God (Romans 3:7). Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God (Romans 15:8). God is the truth.

I… speak forth the Words of truth and soberness (Acts 26:25), I say the truth in Christ (Romans 9:1). We spake all things to you in truth (2 Corinthians 7:14). I will say the truth (2 Corinthians 12:6). I tell you the truth (Galatians 4:16). I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not (1 Timothy 2:7). We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error (1 John 4:6). The New Testament apostles preached the truth. Those who reject the biblical teachings of the New Testament apostles, Paul, James, Peter, John and Jude, are not in the truth. They are yielding to the spirit of error.

Rejoice in the truth (1 Corinthians 13:6). We should rejoice in the truth.

The truth of the gospel might continue with you (Galatians 2:5). The truth of the gospel (Galatians 2:14). The word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (Ephesians 1:13). In the Word of the truth of the gospel (Colossians 1:5). The gospel of Jesus Christ is the truth.

Who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth (Galatians 3:1). Obey the truth (Galatians 5:7). Obeying the truth though the spirit (1 Peter 1:22). Some people choose to disobey the truth. But we should obey the truth.

Speaking the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15).

The fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth (Ephesians 5:9).

Knew the grace of God in truth (Colossians 1:6).

With all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved (2 Thessalonians 2:10). They all might be damned who received not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness (2 Thessalonians 2:12). God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the spirit and belief of the truth (2 Thessalonians 2:13). Men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth (1 Timothy 6:5). To be saved we need to love, receive, and believe the truth.

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). If God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth (2 Timothy 2:25). All men need to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of truth (1 Timothy 3:15). Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15). The true church is the support and base of the truth. The church is to represent the truth in all things. It is abhorrent if the church deviates from, or compromises, the truth for reasons of: popularity, political correctness, church tradition, personal ambition or social pressure. A pastor’s primary duty is to faithfully hold to the truth of Scripture, and to rightly divide the Scripture without prejudice.

Know the truth (1 Timothy 4:3). Knowledge of the truth (Hebrews 10:26).

Begat he us with the Word of truth (James 1:18). We are born again through receiving the Word of truth into our hearts.

Walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth (1 John 1:6). When we walk in sin we do not the truth.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (1 John 1:8). Nobody has perfectly kept to the truth all the time (except Jesus of Nazareth).

He that saith I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him (1 John 2:4). When we disobey the Lord’s commandments we walk in a lie, and not in the truth.

No lie is of the truth (1 John 2:21).

Let us not love in word, neither in tongue, but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth (1 John 3:18-19). When our actions reflect the truth, we know we are of the truth.

I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth (2 John 1:4). The brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth (3 John 1:3). We should walk in the truth.

We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth (3 John 1:8). We should help those who promote the truth

Truth – summary

God is a God of truth. All God’s paths are true. All God’s works are done in truth. Truth preserves and shields us. Truth is eternal. God’s Word is truth. The wise mouth speaks truth. Jesus was full of truth. Truth comes to us by Jesus Christ. God can only be worshipped in truth. Jesus Christ is the truth. If we continue in God’s Word we shall know the truth. The truth will make us free. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth. The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. Truth sanctifies us. Jesus came to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of truth hears Jesus’ voice. God’s judgement is according to truth. The truth of Christ is in the born again Christian. The gospel is the truth. We should obey the truth. We should speak the truth in love. The fruit of the Spirit is truth. Truth reveals God’s grace. We love the truth to be saved. We receive the truth. Salvation comes through belief of the truth. God desires all men to come to the knowledge of the truth. The church is to be the pillar and ground of truth. We need to study to rightly divide the Word of truth. Some err from the truth. We should acknowledge the truth. Some study, but are never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Some resist the truth. Some turn their ears away from truth. We are begotten as sons of God by the Word of truth. We should not lie against the truth. We obey the truth through the Spirit. When we walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth. No lie is of the truth. If we do not keep God’s commandments the truth is not in us. The anointing is truth. We should love in deed and truth. We know the Spirit of truth and error by whether people accept the teachings of the New Testament apostle’s Paul, James, Peter, John, and Jude. We should walk in truth. We are to help the truth.

From the Scriptures, to have our loins girt about with truth means: to study the Biblical Scriptures, and accept the Scriptures into our heart. To accept the gospel of Jesus Christ, and invite Jesus Christ to be the Lord of our lives. To discern, and yield to, the anointing of the Holy Spirit, and allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us. To walk, speak, and act in love. To walk in the light of God’s commandments, and to help those who promote the truth.

Prayer

Dear Lord, thank you for this study on the first piece of your armour – truth. Please strengthen us to diligently study and rightly divide your written Scriptures, that we might know the truth. Please anoint and teach us by your Holy Spirit to understand your Scriptures. Please strengthen us to obey, your written commandments, the leadings of your Holy Spirit, and to always walk in love, thereby abiding in your truth. We especially pray you strengthen pastors to faithfully hold to the written teachings of the New Testament apostles, even if it is culturally unpopular, so the church will help to uphold the truth. Thank you that as we abide in the truth we will be successful in, resisting the attacks of the devil spirits and, advancing the Lord’s kingdom. We pray this in Jesus Christ name, amen.

Resources / Study

Books

More than 12,000 of Andrew's Scriptural meditation books have been distributed internationally in 8 languages. The Scriptural meditation books - "Strength and Power", "The Sword of the Spirit", "In Christ Meditations", and "God's Covenant of Healing" are available in hard copy through our website. Go to the SHOPPING CART section of www.andrewshreeve.org. "The Sword of the Spirit" is also available as a multi format e-book: go to - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/24226

Videos

Andrew's YouTube videos have more than 21,000 views. Freely view more than 135 short videos (mostly 10-15 minutes, maximum 28 minutes) by Andrew: go to - www.andrewshreeve.org or http://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewShreeve

Audio Teaching

Andrew has preached internationally over 1,500 times in more than 20 different countries since 2000. Freely listen to some of these anointed, audio teachings in the following 13 languages: Burmese, English, Indonesian, Japanese, Karen, Khmer, Malaysian, Mandarin, Spanish, Tamil, Thai, Urdu and Vietnamese. Go to the Teaching – Audio section of www.andrewshreeve.org.

Written Teaching

More than 195 short written teachings, categorized under 40 topic headings, are freely available for study. Go to the Teaching – Written section of www.andrewshreeve.org. You may freely copy and print the teachings for easier study.

Itinerary

This itinerary is subject to change without notice. For security reasons, some information is undisclosed.

9th February 2017

‘Victory in Spiritual Warfare’ - Seminar, HOPE Center, Bali, Indonesia

10th February

‘Victory in Spiritual Warfare’ – Seminar, HOPE Center, Bali

11th February

‘Victory in Spiritual Warfare’ Seminar, HOPE Center, Bali

12th February

The Throne Ministries, Bali

23rd February

Bali Blessing, Canggu, Bali

4th March

Dyana Pura University, Seminyak, Bali

23rd April – 15th May

Thailand ministry

24th June – 10th July

Japan Ministry – Kobe Full Gospel Church, Kobe, Japan

6 – 27th August

Ministry - undisclosed country

30th Sept - 22nd Oct

Singapore ministry

1st October

10 a.m. River of Life Community Church, Ponggol, Singapore

4th October

Evening - Alby, Singapore

19th October

Evening - Alby, Singapore

Financial

To partner with Andrew, and have fruit credited to your eternal account: you have the opportunity to buy / sow, and make an offering of, financial, spiritual seed into Andrew Shreeve Ministries:

• PayPal - With credit or debit card, or PayPal credit. From the PayPal website send to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it OR go to www.andrewshreeve.org and click on BUY / SOW SEED
  • Bank Transfer - Transfer directly into one of the three bank accounts listed below (please include a journal note naming the giver), or
  • Cheque - post a cheque to the Australian or UK addresses listed below.

Sow financial seed: not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account (Philippians 4:17).

AUSTRALIA

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew J. Shreeve

Account number: 513617

BSB: 734 654

Swift code: WPACAU2S

Bank: WESTPAC

Bank address: 23 Victoria Avenue, Broadbeach, Qld. 4218 Australia

• Post a cheque. Make cheques payable to Andrew Shreeve.

Post to: 69 Bluetail Crescent, Upper Coomera, Queensland 4209, Australia

SINGAPORE

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew John Shreeve

Account number: 01 2 1268209

Branch code: 001

Bank code: 7144.

Swift code: SCBL SGSG

Bank: Standard Chartered

Bank Address: 6 Battery Road, 2nd Floor, Singapore 049909

UNITED KINGDOM

• Transfer direct

Account name: Andrew J. Shreeve

Account number: 91746022

Sort code: 404014

Swift code: MIDLGB2152V

Bank: HSBC

Bank address: 19 Minster Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1TE, England UK

• Post a cheque. Make cheque payable to Andrew Shreeve

Post to 29 Ayrshire Close, Fugglestone Red, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP2 9PF, England

Contact

facebook.com/andrew.shreeve

twitter.com/andrewshreeve

youtube.com/andrewjshreeve

Andrew Shreeve

69 Bluetail Crescent

Upper Coomera, Queensland 4209

Australia

Web: www.andrewshreeve.org

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

ANDREW SHREEVE MINISTRIES

‘Bringing good tidings, publishing peace and salvation’ (Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15)